TerraGator® C Series high-flotation nutrient applicator and redesigned spray system introduced at the Midwest Ag Industries Expo (MAGIE)
- Agronomic technology and prescription nutrient application have evolved to new levels of precision (complexity) to optimize crop and forage production while carefully stewarding soil and water resources. The Challenger® TerraGator® C Series high-flotation applicators and their broad array of dry and liquid application systems are designed to offer the most accurate blend, rate and placement control of any professional application equipment available today.
- TerraGator C Series has a redesigned spray system with robust, full-featured booms and a new reload station that delivers greater control, exceptional accuracy and added convenience when applying liquid products. Now equipped with seven boom sections, this liquid system offers more precision and reduces overlap and product waste.
- The new TerraGators are equipped with rugged AGCO Power™ engines that are precision-balanced for less vibration and longer engine life. The drive system is built specifically for off-road use for reliability season after season.
- The operator chooses a speed — from creep to 46 mph — not a gear, and the Challenger Tractor Management System (TMS) in the TerraGator synchronizes the work of the CVT and AGCO Power engine to match demands of the terrain and the load, so field speed is consistent for precise application.
- For operator convenience, the TerraGator C Series features the same application-focused operator environment, intuitive command center and touch-screen AccuTerminal™ found in the RoGator® C Series row crop applicators. Simple operation and fewer manual operations let the operator focus on application accuracy. The air-ride cab, improved seat suspension, ergonomic design of the familiar controls, and expanded visibility help minimize fatigue through a long day of application.
Bloomington, Ill. (Nov. 12, 2015) — AGCO Corporation (NYSE:AGCO),
a worldwide distributor and manufacturer of agricultural equipment, introduced the TerraGator® C Series high-flotation nutrient applicator and redesigned spray system at the Midwest Ag Industries Expo (MAGIE) in Bloomington, Ill., August 22 – 23, 2018.
Since their introduction nearly 50 years ago, TerraGator high flotation applicators have led the industry by offering technology needed to accurately apply more products in a single pass through the field. Today, TerraGator C Series applicators by Challenger® continue this legacy, providing nearly endless choices in single-pass fall or spring preemergence dry and liquid nutrient application to bring even more accuracy and versatility to variable-rate crop input application.
“Crop production technologies have driven prescription nutrient application to new levels of precision and complexity as producers work to optimize crop and forage production. We understand these demands and that covering more acres accurately and efficiently drives our retailer customers’ businesses and producers’ agronomic needs,” says Mark Mohr, tactical marketing manager for AGCO’s application division. “The TerraGator C Series applicators are designed and built to get this work done quickly and efficiently season after season, no matter the crop or the conditions.”
Built tough with performance that pays
The TerraGator C Series has three, light-treading three-wheel models, the TG7300C, TG8300C and TG9300C and one, four-wheel model, the TG8400C for flotation and stability.
They are equipped with efficient AGCO Power™ engines carefully balanced to minimize vibration for long engine life. The chassis and drive systems are built specifically for the harsh conditions of off-road use. Despite their sheer size and power, they’re engineered for efficiency, consuming 8 percent less fuel than previous models.
All may be equipped with AGCO’s new liquid system and one of six dry application systems which can be switched quickly since the electrical connectors are now on the side of the chassis for easy access.
Liquid system provides greater control, accuracy and operator efficiency
The TerraGator C Series re-designed spray system has robust, full-featured booms that are tough and durable while providing greater accuracy. The new reload station has several new features that improve operator efficiency for more time in the field.
The booms on this new system are built tough, with a wider inner-boom cross section and structural members, larger 1.75-inch boom pins and enhanced mid-boom fold and tip breakaway structures for reliability day after day. They are available in 80-foot and 60/80-foot fold-over options to cover 82.5 feet at 30-inch nozzle spacing and 85 feet with 60-inch nozzle spacing. Both booms are available with seven sections for less overlap and reduced product waste. The durable boom tree is built with 4x4 tube construction. Boom height is hydraulically adjustable and can be automatically controlled with height control from Raven or NORAC, making the operator’s job easier. Independent left/right folding is a new feature and booms fold quickly and land lightly in boom stops that are out of the operator’s forward view.
Loading is faster and more efficient as the eductor on the new reload station is 50 percent larger. For operator convenience, the sump controls, remote throttle and other loading functions are controlled on the ground using a touch-button LCD screen with digital tank level display for quick and accurate load management. An optional product recovery system will thoroughly empty the system plumbing, manifold and booms to prevent residue settling and tip plugging.
Choose from six dry systems for versatility and precision
TerraGator C Series applicators may be equipped with any of six dry nutrient application systems. The efficient, flexible New Leader® NL4500 Edge boundary-spread capable and NL5000 section control capable, spinner-style crop nutrient applicators deliver wide passes for fewer trips over the field. Both are available in MultApplier-ready or MultApplier-complete to apply one, two or four products. When exceptional application accuracy across the entire field is the goal, the time-trusted pneumatic systems from AGCO are the answer. The AirMax® Precision is a single-bin system that features 70-foot booms with triple-overlap coverage. The AirMax Precision 2 with available granular bin will apply two or three products at once and can vary application rates on the go. The Soilection® Twin Bin is an open, free-flowing two-bin system with a unique distributor head for more consistent application. The Soilection Four Bin is the ultimate system for accurately blending fertilizers, nutrients and chemicals on the go to variably apply multiple products in a single pass.
Proven, familiar and operator-focused
For operator convenience, the TerraGator C Series features the same application-focused operator environment, intuitive command center and touch-screen AccuTerminal™ found in the RoGator® C Series row crop applicators. Simple operation and fewer manual operations let the operator focus on application accuracy. The industry-exclusive air-ride cab suspension and enhanced seat suspension provide a comfortable ride, and the ergonomic design of the familiar controls, as well as expanded visibility, help minimize fatigue through a long day of application.
For precise rate and section control the TerraGator C Series applicators rely on fully compatible Raven® Viper® 4+ technology and other Raven steering and data transfer products so they seamlessly fit into the application fleet.
To find a dealer near you or for more information about AGCO application equipment including the four new TerraGator C Series applicators and the wide variety of application systems available, visit www.Challenger-ag.comor your local Challenger dealer.